Monday 5 December 2016

Ioan * The King of All Wild Things is 2!

We had been out of town celebrating mine and my little chap's birthdays, just the four of us (hubby, baby, myself and the dog). My sweet husband always takes me to beautiful and new places on my birthdays. It sort of became a tradition and since my boy's birthday is only four days away from mine, he got a taster of this so-called tradition.




Regardless of whether or not there will be guests, he's got to have a party! It was tricky when it came to choosing the birthday theme because at the moment he likes all sorts of things. So it boiled down to what the Mum and Papa liked. (I know it wasn't fair!!! 😬🤣 But he did not mind!) We thought a 'Where the Wild Things Are' theme will be very nice!

We spent our birthdays in 'Little England Beyond Wales' - Preseli Hills, to be exact - where we rented out a cosy log cabin for a week. It was situated in beautiful woodland, next to a mountain stream perfect for his 'Where the Wild Things Are' party.

Days before our travel, I was desperately looking for a cheap log slice to use as a cake stand. I had been looking everywhere including a wood recycling centre, but could not find any! When we reached the cabin, we found PILES of it!!! I had a huge smile on my face!

Luckily enough, Preseli Hills is home to award winning cheeses which was brilliant because Ioan loooovvveeessss cheese! So we opted for a truckle of it as his 'birthday cake'. The cake pops and cookies were yummily baked by Claire of Cake Carousel. She lives in a converted chapel close to this cabin.

I created the simple cheese topper, crowns, bunting and all the other decorations using craft remnants and pieces left over from different art projects. The only things we bought were the paper plates and birthday candles. A party doesn't have to be expensive. I always go the DIY route than splurge on expensive stuff.

We were blessed with a wonderful weather that day. A bit breezy and nippy, but I can't complain. We had an amazing day! Can't believe he's two!

Check out his:
1st birthday + baptism - Our Little Man is 1!
3rd birthday - Beep, Beep! Ioan is 3!







Then we went out for ice cream and relaxed on the beach.


And later that night...


Accommodation - Grassholm log cabin, Preseli Holidays
Cheese - Pant Mawr Farmhouse Cheeses
Sweets - Cake Carousel
Newgale Beach
Ice cream - Sands Cafe and Deli Bar


1 comment:

  1. Really glad you enjoyed your Pembrokeshire stay and thanks for choosing Pant Mawr Cheeses for your cake. Jason from Pant Mawr

    ReplyDelete